Hello everybody,
I am back after my all M.Tech./M.Sc.intervew sessions at IIT/IISC.
In total i have given IITK,IITB(M.Tech.) and IISC (M.Sc. Electrical Communication,M.Sc.Electronic Design).
I will give interview session as a real time story.
I start with IITK interview.My interview was scheduled on 11th May 2009.There were 4-5 panels,each having 3-4 people.So i begin interview session.I had 3 people in my panel including a lady professor.Let them call A,B and C (lady professor).
(Time:4 pm,wiating room:Outside 202B room)
A: Sanket Kalamkar
(I enter in room,formalties completed.Happy seeing that I was from COEP,they knew my college).
A:What's your interest?
Me:Communication
A:Ok.One of the type of response is Impulse response.What are the others?
(Me confused.Told "Transfer function".I did not get other type.First sorry.)
A:For time-invariant LTI system,relate input-output.
Me:I write convolutional equation on the white board.
A:Given mean of input random variable,find mean of output random variable.
(I derived it on board).
B:Now find output auto-correlation.
(I derived.15 minutes were over).
B:Any specific interest?
Me:Error correcting codes.(I prepared this topic specially for intrview.)
C:Tell about Linear Block coding,generator matrix and syndrome.
(I explained everything with equations.)
A:Ok.You can go.Thank you.
Me: Thank you everybody.
(Interview was over).
My feelings about interview:
Be confident.This is the most important thing.Profs test only basics.Also in that,they do not expect exact answer.they check your approach towards the problem and clarity of your thinking.
Never ever say lie in front of panels.If you do not know answer,tell them frankly.Otherwise they will certainly will catch you.They were very cool to me.And i got admit within a week.Thank god!
No comments:
Post a Comment